Gentle Giant - Experience CD (album) cover

EXPERIENCE

Gentle Giant

obiter
4 stars Your view of this album will depend greatly on whether you have already heard much GG. this is a very good selection of tracks. Every proghead should have GG in their colection & if this is your first exposure then you'll love it. If ou are already familiar with GG then while this is an interesting live album it's by no means essential.

If you have not then it's an interesting introduction. the characteristic vocals are on display in Knots. Proclamation has always been one of the jazzy favorites for me. experience is another. Funny Ways is a fabulous journey.

It's impossible to listen to this without appreciating just how good GG were. I wish I had heard them in the late 70s when I was listening to Yes (inter alia).

if you like Yes and Tull then you should definitely like GG and you wil really like this album. rest assured though that there are better GG albums..

As I understand this is a cheapo to buy. If that is the case, then do not hesitate to grab a copy ...it'll be money well spent.

Excellent-ish