Sigur Rós - ( ) CD (album) cover

( )

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars Absolutely beautiful melancholic album. Like Gorecki's 3rd symphony there is sorrowful tranquillity and a depth of sadness that cannot (somewhat paradoxiacally) do anything other than give strength and solace to the listener.

This album has a sense of grandeur that is hinted at in the more immediate Takk and the inspirational Agaetis Byrjun. Both of which are amongst my most listened to albums. i'm not sure if that will remain so, I can imagine becoming much more selective about the tracks i lsiten to in those two albums. I have never picked out a track form this album. I've always listened to the whole.

it is absolutely essential.

obiter | 5/5 |