Time Machine - Act II: Galileo CD (album) cover

Time Machine

1 stars "Act II: Galileo is one of the few albums in my collection I really feel bad about buying. I read a review that praised Time Machine as the new Dream Theater and bought the album ( how many times have I read a prog metal review that said: " This sounds just like Dream Theater" ? Countless times I´ll tell you. This isn´t true of course. Time Machine plays prog metal, but the standard is not very good.

I especially dislike Folco Orlandini´s voice which I find imature and cheesy. Listen to a song like "Mother", it´s so pathetic that I grind my teeth when I hear this ( they say that the average age when Italien men move from their mother is 30. Think about that when you listen to this song). The lyrical concept is good though, describing the story of Galileo.

The production is really bad which doesn´t help this album at all. There are way too many soft passages for me here. The metal is well hidden.

All in all a really bad album. Nothing I would recommend.

UMUR | 1/5 |