Meshuggah - Nothing (New version) CD (album) cover

NOTHING (NEW VERSION)

Meshuggah

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

hybreda
3 stars I don't think I have much to write about this album since much will be already written about the original.

Although the band thought that the original Nothing lacked the energy in the guitars, my belief was that it was still one hell of a masterpiece.

Rule #1: Don't play with what you've already produced! Ok, there are some exceptions to this rule, and I will point a finger at Sigh's Gallows Gallery. But yeah, if your album sounds bad in quality, you can re-master it. BUT DON'T CHANGE THE GUITARS. What you basically do is you get the original energy from the songs and create something rather more "plastic", inorganic. The songs still sound awesome, but I prefer the original ones.

Other than that, this release is amazing with the new slipcase with a hologram image, and the bonus DVD kicks.. one lope of ass.. Because well, the videos aren't really necessary, you can find them anywhere anytime, but to have some new live stuff on there with quality is good. And I don't complain, putting that DVD in the player and blasting the surrond system with the videos, it really rocks the house!

So, well, I recommend you go with the original.. If you are dying for Meshuggah, like me, you can still get some cash out of your pocket for something beautiful like this..

I say, 3,5 stars..