Pat Metheny - Quartet CD (album) cover

Pat Metheny

2 stars This is one Metheny disc that doesn't get much play at home. Some listeners may enjoy what I find is irritating noise. There is one stand out track which I never get tired of hearing: When We Were Free. This is a beautiful piece of music. It's too bad that it figures on this disc. Anyway, personally I feel it's worth the price of the disc (in a reduced bin) for that tune alone. I've ripped it from my original disc and burnt it on many compilations of Metheny. Most had never heard of the tune. Two stars for the disc. Four stars for the tune.
ProgFusion | 2/5 |