Blackfield - Blackfield II CD (album) cover

3 stars Backfield - Backfield II 3.75 stars.

Once again Steven Wilson and Aviv Geffen come back and deliver another great album. This album has a few songs that are the best in their catalogue thus far, but it also has some track that tend to be dull musically and lyrically.something that the debut album did not contain. Otherwise we are getting more of the same on this album, a collection of some great songs with catchy verses and melodies. The most notable difference is the Aviv Geffen finally sings on more then a very few tracks! So if you liked his voice and the first album, don't hesistate to check this album out.

The standout songs on this album and in my opinion beat most of the tracks on the first one are; 'Once', 'Miss U', 'Some Day' and 'End of the World'. Other then these I find most of the tracks on the debut to be better.

Like I said before, if you are a fan of the first, you will like this one too. There isn't too much of a different sound then the debut, just newer songs. I just did not find it as good, 3.75 stars, a very good album.

ProgBagel | 3/5 |