Neal Morse - Testimony CD (album) cover

Neal Morse

2 stars Considering the high rating I saw here on prog archives, I was expecting to hear a great piece of music, something at least worth the value of Transatlantic's "SMPTe", but I got something else instead. I really wasn't impressed of this album. I always enjoyed Morse's music with others (Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, etc.), but "Testimony"'s not quite as good as an old Spock's Beard album. There is one good track in there, "Colder in the Sun", which can be heard on the archives, and what got me interested in this album, but the rest of the album is not so good and often boaring. Basing myself on this album, I guess Neal Morse's talent is to write music with other talented musicians, but is unfortunately not this good alone. I give this album 2 stars mostly because I don't think it deserves more (I even got to wish the album was shorter so it could get sooner to the end), but also because I think this whole God thing is a bit exagerated.
proglil49 | 2/5 |