Battles - Mirrored CD (album) cover

Battles

Post Rock/Math rock

Menswear
2 stars Reality bites.

This bites for real. I mean, after reading many good praises about a band doing things differently (from New Musical Express), I seriously expected something more polished and thoughtful. Without bragging, this kind of music is not offering anything but modern noises and silly vocal rythmics. Wow, this is really hard to appreciate and I wonder what type of psyche will appreciate this.

It's not progressive rock at any means. Think more of a AUTHECRE (dirty asylum electro ambient) plus DAFT PUNK (for the simplicity) with SUPERSISTER's vocal sillyness and weird humor. Really out of range for the common mortal, and it's supposed to be more commercial! I mean Atlas got good ratings, and humbly, I could do the same with a sequencer and a drum machine with no experience. It really don't belong in the progressive world. Sheesh! Some stuff appears more of this world: some Gentle Giant touches here and there, but unfortunetly too few to really touch me.

Somebody talked about the music of the future, good Lord no!

Menswear | 2/5 |