Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity CD (album) cover

FALLING INTO INFINITY

Dream Theater

Diaby
4 stars Falling Into Infinity is my second favourite album from DT. After Octavarium. It's might surprising - but I don't like the 'more metal' albums like Train of Thought.

Then, about the songs.

The first half of the album has the much of metal from the album, the second half is more "peaceful".

My favourites are "Hollow Years", "Anna Lee" and "Trial of Tears". The first is a beautiful ballad, I felt, that it's a little bit influenced by Sting. The second is also a ballad, with very good piano play by Sherinian. And the last is an epic song, with an unforgettable chorus ("It's raining, raining / On the streets of New York City / It's raining, raining, raining deep from heaven") and an amazing guitar solo by Petrucci.

I also like the songs like "Peruvian Skies" and "New Millenium" (but it has too much metal in itself), "Lines in the Sand", "Take Away My Pain" and "Hell's Kitchen", but "Burning My Soul" is awful, "You Not Me" isn't as good as the others, too (although I like its chorus).

"Just Let Me Breath" is a heavy metal song influenced by "Bohemian Rhapsody" from Queen. Not my favourite.

I hesitated between 3 and 4 (if I could, I would gave 3.7). But I decided, I give a 4 to this album, because its average rating is under 4 at this moment.

Diaby | 4/5 |