Echolyn - Cowboy Poems Free CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano!
5 stars CPF was my introduction to Echolyn--perhaps that's why it remains my favorite album from one of my favorite bands. I think in some minds it suffers in comparison to its predecessor As the World, but in my opinion the overall songwriting and musicianship is just as good, if not better, and there are more memorable moments overall on CPF. The history, concepts, and high points of the album are well documented by other reviews, so I won't elaborate, except to add that 67 Degrees and Brittany have grown into some of my favorite Echolyn songs. The songs are really enhanced by the music guide on especially is given more meaning in the personal WW2 context described there. Definitely worth a trip! Also, I believe the band is currently remastering this for a future rerelease. For now you can find it on Happy hunting!
Todd | 5/5 |