Atomic Rooster - Atomic Roooster CD (album) cover

Atomic Rooster

2 stars YOU DON´T WANT ME, YOU DON´T NEED ME, ALL YOU NEED IS SEX WITH FAME. ( From the chorus of And so to Bed)

Atomic Rooster´s debut album is a hard rock album in the vein of Deep Purple, which means hard rock with lots of hammond organ and an accomplished lead singer.

The music is well played and Carl Palmer ( Later of ELP) gets to show of his incredible drum skills in the two instrumentals Before Tomorrrow and Decline and Fall. The other two musicians also shine in these songs. Overall there is no flaws in the playing. The flaws show when you look at the composition though. This is pretty imature hard rock. The lyrics are really silly and simplistic which is best shown by reading the start of the review ( try also to listen to the lyrics in the song S.L.Y). Allthough the album is mostly blues based hard rock, there are an almost Joe Cocker like soulful song in Broken Wings ( This song is not to my taste) the aforementioned instrumentals which show prog tendencies and the most prog song on the album the exciting Winter.

This is only for the fans. I wouldn´t recommend this to anyone else really. A few good songs and lots of boasting crap. I should give one more star for the laugh I got when I heard And so to Bed but a 2 star rating will do.

UMUR | 2/5 |