Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday Of Life..... CD (album) cover

ON THE SUNDAY OF LIFE.....

Porcupine Tree

UMUR
2 stars Porcupine Treeīs first album is really a solo effort from Steven Wilson and it sounds like it. The sound quality and the compositions sound like this is made in his bedroom on very primitive studio equipment. As such there is no problem with that, I just find this a little too unfocused and experimental at times.

I must admit that I find some of the songs very funny. Songs like Jupiter Island and The Nostalgia Factory are very good in my book, even though it sounds like Steven swallowed helium before recording The Nostalgia Factory or maybe he made a Smerf sing, I dont know. Itīs very funny though and some of the few highlights on this album. There are lots of instrumental noodling that I donīt particuarly find very exciting and the playing time is just ridiculous when you think about the quality of most of the music.

Well beginnings are hard, and this just proves it. 2 stars for the innovative ideas. To people who havenīt heard Porcupine Tree before donīt start here. Your journey will probably stop here, and you will miss the beautiful music that Porcupine Tree have made ever since.

UMUR | 2/5 |