My Solid Ground - My Solid Ground  CD (album) cover

My Solid Ground

5 stars According to me this is German psychedelic stoned tock at its best, delivering unusual spaced out-heavy sounding improvisations mixed with detached pre-ambient atmospheres. My Solid Ground is a highly touching emotional album, the opening theme directly propulses the listener into an other world, exploring abstract spheres of the subconsciousness. The composition is dominated by cloudy / moody repetitive guitars, angelic, glorious piano / keyboards arrangements and ethereal voices in the distance. This is gorgeously haunted, music to heaven. The album contains a few conventional heavy rockin' songs (that's you / Handful of grass) that have a minor interest, but the rest is purely transcendant and constantly fascinating. Executioner is a ferocious / infectious hallucinatory composition with dark-sinister killer guitar riffs, intrusive keys and depressed narratives. An amazing moment of highly inspired moody music. Melancholie is a pretty / desolated semi-acoustic trip with an immersive piano / guitar duet and a catchy celestial melody, strictly instrumental & supreme stuff! So nicely made and among the best progressive rock efforts coming from Germany.The yellow mist / the executioner / melancholie make this essential!
philippe | 5/5 |