Druid - Toward The Sun CD (album) cover

TOWARD THE SUN

Druid

UMUR
3 stars This one is just a little better than their second album, but the music is still very much a clone of Yes. Unfortunately I gave Fluid Druid 3 stars, so I canīt really rate this one lower even though my personal opinion is that this is only worth 2 stars. Let me tell you why. The music on Toward the Sun is symphonic prog with Chris Squire like bass, lots of mellotron and Yes sounding vocal harmonies. Total clone and nothing else. This band does not own a personality.

This is only for the ones who would like something that sounds like Yes, and doesnīt care that this is an entirely other band. Donīt get me wrong though, the musicians are flawless and the compositions are pretty good. The sound quality is also very good.

Iīd say this is very much and aquired taste, and as the quality is as high as it is I canīt give this one less than 3 stars, even though this is not my taste and I find the ripp off concept really lame. Judge for yourself.

UMUR | 3/5 |