Kammerflimmer Kollektief - Absencen CD (album) cover

ABSENCEN

Kammerflimmer Kollektief

Post Rock/Math rock

friso
4 stars The strange instruments used on this album made me curious. It turned out to be a very nice record. It isn't very much of a rock experience though. It's more like cool jazz, no screeming guitar solo's and no vocals. In stead it has some nice classical influenced melodic themes and some free-jazz and some natural sounds. An important element of the music is making wood sounds with instrument by using them in an unfashionable way.

Easy goin' as it may be, it's still very experimental. Some parts are to be listened a few times before you will like it. This keeps the music nice to listen to. Some electronical parts sound weird, but it makes the cd complete. I would recommend this album not for it's progressive rock sound, but for the fact that it's very nice music for every musiclover. Jazz orientated people may also pick this album.

I give it 4 stars. I also hope it will influence some progbands, for it is very innovative music.

friso | 4/5 |