Djam Karet - Reflections from the Firepool CD (album) cover

REFLECTIONS FROM THE FIREPOOL

Djam Karet

Tall Hair
5 stars This group has taste. Reflections From The Firepool is a album with great riffs, solos and atmosphere. I can't find any song or moment that I disliked.

I've got three albums from Djam Karet in addition to this one, and I have to say that I find Reflections From The Firepool the best one of them. The Sky Opens Twice gets my special atention. It's a briliant opener for this album rich in atmosphere. It has intense and jamming kind of guitar work and excellent solos. In the middle of the song, it gets much more calm and has a nice rhythm in it. When the song approaches the end, it again becomes stronger with intense solos.

This album has two songs over 10 minutes long; The Sky Opens Twice and Reflections From The Firepool. Some of the songs are quite hard at first to listen in a way, the music is so unique, but once you get used to it, the album sounds better and better every time you listen to it.

I recommend this album to anyone who enjoys instrumental rock and prog, and for all those who are intrested in this band.

5/5, great!