East Of Eden - Mercator Projected CD (album) cover

MERCATOR PROJECTED

East Of Eden

UMUR
3 stars East of Eden play some pretty psychadelic rock music with some prog leanings. The prog leanings are mostly due to the fact that instruments like electric violin, flute, bagpipe, recorders, two saxophones are used. The songs are basically nice little sicties rock/ pop tunes with some pretty psychadelic sounds incorporated. There are longer instrumental parts in some of the songs which are mostly used for soloing.

Allthough I think this is a very good album, it never really gets truly exciting in my ears. I donīt know, but it seems like East of Eden are still searching for the perfect sound with this their debut album.

The sound quality is ok for the time and the musicians are competent. The lyrics are really stoned, and I can imagine these musicians smoking some grass before writing them down. Really psychadelic shit. I have to note that the cover art is really beautiful and itīs a shame that I only have a CD version of this album, as I can imagine how astonishing this would look on a LP.

Well as I said this is a really good album, but it never reaches the excellent mark in my ears, so this is a 3 star album.

UMUR | 3/5 |