Everon - Flood CD (album) cover

FLOOD

Everon

progrules
3 stars This is actually my first purchase of all Everon releases and it took a while before I decided to buy the others as well. And that's because I'm not a straightforward Everonfan but I do like their music, I think it's more than bearable: it's good/very good. And that goes for all their releases, there are just minor differences between them. The advantage of that is: you know what you get, downside of course is: little surprise so if you like to be startled don't bother with Everon.

Flood is an album that goes in a wave-like motion where the different tracks are concerned. I mean it starts with two tracks that are related (Under skies.. ...of blue) and are actually the highlight to me. Especially the second part is excellent and particularly the last minute. Then follow two moderate tracks which get you somewhat disappointed. Next is the almost epical (for Everon standards) In all that time, another really great effort. Tracks 6 and 7 are a lot less once again before we get to number 8 and 9 to become pleasantly treated again. Last track, the title track, is almost an anti-climax to me. So that is the fluctuation I was talking about. Not really a consistent album you might say but in average somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. I will round it down because there's only one minute of excellence to me.

progrules | 3/5 |