The Moody Blues - A night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphonic Orchestra  CD (album) cover

The Moody Blues

3 stars The Moody Blues made a some sort of a come-back in 1993 with this album, which also can be founded as DVD. I won't comment only the album but also the DVD which is a nice way to know this band a bit more. All the golden oldies are there: Tuesday Afternoon, Question, I'm just a singer in a Rock and Roll Band. It's great to see those old song being kind of 'remastered'. 'I'm just a singer...' is surprinsingly punchy and catchy. I was surprised to clap hands and stomp my foot a lot. Justin Haward and John Lodge are in great shape (Haward's face seems timeless). Ray Thomas, the flautist, is doing a great job on Tuesday Afternoon and Nights in White Satin, his flute is more than welcome to enrich the sound already boosted up by the orchestra.(On the dvd, he is singning but, all he has was a tambourine, which we can't hear in the recording. He looks pretty alone in his corner too.) It's not a show that really stands out, but the performance by Haward and Lodge is remarquable. They give a good show (especially the guitar works of Haward), despite the shadow of a wheel chair. Man, they have more hair on their heads than me. It's a desease called: The Stone-that-Rolls-Syndrom. You keep your hair eternally but you do get a lot of laughs for trying too hard (no offense Keith). In sorry, conclusion, try this instead of any 'best of', the sound is fresher and updated!
Menswear | 3/5 |