Grobschnitt - Illegal  CD (album) cover

1 stars My opinion of this band is that after the excellent "Solar Music", they should have called it quit. But the fall down in the abyss started earlier than this album to be honest.

This album sounds as rubbish as "Merry Go Round" but there won't be any song of the calibre of "Du Schaffst Das Nicht" to save this work. One of the very few good song is the opening "The Sniffer" : fine melodic work as I like. But this is an exception amongst an ocean of poor offerings.

After "The Sniffer", the press next game can fully take place. Some AOR and poor music during "Space-Rider", a disco- oriented "Mary Green" which is just an over eight minutes musical nightmare (OK, there is a good guitar solo).

Another pleasant song is the melancholic instrumental "Silent Movie". Just some fresh air to be able to survive the second part of this poor album during which I can start my favourite game again.

Because there aren't any good reason to suffer over eight minutes of the "Illegal "treatment. Unbearable. Press next, once more to escape these awful experimental "sounds" and hectic "music".

Don't expect that the last two numbers will be any better. Just the same and boring stuff, unfortunately. And the folk Raintime won't bring you to heaven, that's a given.

Forget this extremely poor Grobschnitt album. No reason for me to rate it higher than one star.

ZowieZiggy | 1/5 |