Yezda Urfa - Boris CD (album) cover

BORIS

Yezda Urfa

Poser
4 stars Another excellent band that falls under artists which start with "Y".

Now, this is instantaneously pleasing music. One could say they have a sound like all the favorites: Yes, Tull, Gentle Giant, Gryphon. One could say Jon Anderson has a long lost brother as the lead vocalist. But Yezda are by no means a clone. They are, however, pretty darn good. Somehow their music fits the idea of happy, table-dancing kind of medieval folk from the Middle Ages (not that any of us have lived such a thing, which is why it is truly a melodic adventure). That, or a really good trip to the circus. Clear, tender ballads and quirky instrumental passageways seem to work in favor. I hope you have an immediate positive reaction, as I did.

Boris is a little less than an hours' worth of a brilliant listen. Although, I know I tend to cut it short a couple minutes by skipping Texas Armadillo. Despite my appreciation for mandolin and banjo, it absolutely makes me cringe. They are easily forgiven for that. If you can't make the complete effort, please, at the least, try to get your ears on Boris and His Three Verses, Including Flow Guides Aren't My Bag. It is delicious.

And as a bonus, you can weird out friends and family with track titles such as Three Tons of Fresh Thyroid Glands. Cheers.

Poser | 4/5 |