Peter Pan - Days CD (album) cover

DAYS

Peter Pan

UMUR
3 stars I must say I was really glad I tried this album out. Even though itīs in the Neo Progressive genre which is not my favorite. I think there are some things that makes this album more than just another Neo Progressive album.

The keyboards are of course omnipresent throughout the whole album, but surprisingly enough itīs the guitar from Radek Chwieralski that controls the songs. This could in some places be considered a hard rock album if it wasnīt for the wall of keyboards. Radek Chwieralski plays many exciting solos on Days, and even though I just wrote a wall of keyboards, I think the keyboards are a little more subtle than on other neo prog albums. In my eyes the music on this album deserves 4 stars. But there are problems that devaluates the album.

First of all the vocals. I find them a real turn off. I donīt think the man can sing, at least not very nice. Itīs enough for me to take away one star. I guess I can get used to the vocals since the music is so strong, but I will never really like them.

The production is not the best either. You can hear every instrument clearly, but the drums have a very artificial sound. I thought the drums was programmed until I read there was a drummer involved on the album.

So all in all this is a good neo prog album where especially guitar and keyboards stand out as being excellent while vocals and drums are not so good. 3 stars.

UMUR | 3/5 |