Yes - The Ladder  CD (album) cover

THE LADDER

pociluk
5 stars This was the comeback I was hoping for at the time. Granted, I loved most of the 90s output with Open Your Eyes being the low point (I do LIKE the album okay). So I was hoping Yes could really make one more masterpiece and The Ladder was that and more. I remember getting the album and just being blown away. Every song did it for me and still does to this day. My favorite Yes albums are Relayer, Close To The Edge, THIS ONE and yes even 90125 (in that order)!

I was hopeful that this was the start of the next phase but it never came. Magnification was a significant step backward with the songs just not being up to snuff. Highlights on The Ladder for me: Homeworld, If Only You Knew, It Will Be A Good Day, Finally, and the vastly underrated Nine Voices.

pociluk | 5/5 |