Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

RUSH

Rush

UMUR
2 stars So here is where it all started for the genre defining canadian prog rock band Rush. Rush has been a favorite of mine for many years but I somehow never got to listen to their two first albums until now. Well judging from this one it hasnīt been that much of a waste. Well that is if you think this is gonna sound like the style they are known for.

This debut is far from the music Rush would deliver later on in their career. The album consist solely of hard rock songs with an impressively angry sounding Geddy Lee in front the songs even border heavy metal sometimes. I guess itīs good hard rock, it just hasnīt got anything to do with prog rock.

The sound quality is good for such an album, and even though Neil Peart wasnīt in the band on this album, the drums are good enough. Itīs hard to say much more about the album as it is not that exciting to me. I only think this is interesting for completists and maybe for hard rock fans. Itīs an ok album though.

2 big stars for this average album from me.

UMUR | 2/5 |