Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Galactic Zoo Dossier  CD (album) cover

GALACTIC ZOO DOSSIER

Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come

Psychedelic/Space Rock

UMUR
3 stars This is crazy psychadelic music. Very adventurous and strange. Arthur Brown´s Kingdom Come plays a mix of psychadelic rock and early seventies progressive rock. Mix that with what sounds like Tom Jones on drugs and you have a pretty original cocktail.

The music is well played and even if you don´t like Arthur Brown´s voice ( Which I don´t) you have to admire his range. The man is an outstanding vocalist. I have never heard a voice like that in progressive rock before. I must say I started out being amused about it, but ended out being a bit irritated about the at times soulful singing. This is definitely an aquired taste, but it is something that you shouldn´t miss I´ll tell you that.

The music travels places in the albums playtime. We have psychadelic rock, more avant garde parts and some more soulful moments. There are lots of guitar and organ throughout the album. But it´s Arthur Brown´s voice that is the center of attention. The mood is very playful and full of humour.

The sound quality is typical early seventies prog rock a bid muddy but still charming.

It´s hard to give stars to this album, as it have the innovative nature that I love in prog but at the same time doesn´t live up to some of the other criterias that I have. After listening a couple of times more to the album I went from 4 to 3 stars. It´s my personal taste that doesn´t allow me to give it more, I´m sure some of you will like this more than I do. If you are curious about this strange album I highly recommend you to take a listen and not let my conservative review be your guide.

UMUR | 3/5 |