The Beatles - Revolver CD (album) cover

The Beatles

4 stars As far as Psychedelia goes, this is a masterpiece along with The Zombies - Oddesey & Oracle. Here There and Everywhere always reminded me of Kerry Minnear of Gentle Giant and some of GG's other ballads like Think Of Me With Kindness and His Last Voyage. I happen to think Dr. Robert is one of the best rock tunes ever written on Revolver, and it's a wonder to me why no one ever covers it. Tomorrow Never Knows also gets a mention for coolest drum track(simple it is not...although it sounds simple). Revolver gets 5 stars for _psychedelic masterpiece_, 3 stars for prog. fans, though.
Gooner | 4/5 |