Miriodor - Jongleries Elastiques CD (album) cover

JONGLERIES ELASTIQUES

Miriodor

RIO/Avant-Prog

progressive
4 stars Very good- Melodies, rhythms! Weird kind of those.

Reminds me of a Finnish ridiculous band Eläkeläiset, drunken synth old people's folk dance rock, though this is much better and instrumental, and as Eläkeläiset counts on humour, Miriodor has some instrumental humour - or, actually this isn't funny (and it is good thing), it just sounds like that. Sometimes it's a bit irritating, at least in the more boring parts.

The sound is great, symphonic and fat with highs and lows, also in moods, heavy and almost absolutely happy - though often they just seem to be happy. I think this is pretty dark. And every song is different, though the music is often quite patternish. And the word "circus avant-garde" can be used here (like in many avant-garde acts, too..), with a French street feeling (though the band is Canadian) - still they aren't too distinguishing, maybe because of the diversity. Because this is definitely progressive. This isn't jazz, classical music or march music.. I'm glad that there's avant-garde!

Grenaille (0:10) is a nice little piano avant-garde song in the middle and lets us to continue to Poupées Russes (Bacouchka), nice funky vivid song, with no funk at all ni it actually. But maybe I won't separate the songs - I can't say there's songs over others.

progressive | 4/5 |