Van Der Graaf Generator - After the Flood: At The BBC 1968 - 1977 CD (album) cover

AFTER THE FLOOD: AT THE BBC 1968 - 1977

Van Der Graaf Generator

javajeff
5 stars You get a real sense of how long ago Van Der Graaf Generator started with recordings going back to 1968. Considering I was born a year earlier, I actually have not had a chance to appreciate their body of work until my prog loving adulthood. The double disc has some of the best performances that you will ever hear from the band. It is so unfortunate that a few tracks suffer from poor sound quality, but they really improve as the years move along. Van Der Graaf Generator was so far ahead of its time, and this is an excellent showcase of their early catalog. I would call After the Flood an absolutely essential release for any fan of the band, and a non-studio album must purchase along with Vital.
javajeff | 5/5 |