Gentle Giant - In A Glass House CD (album) cover

IN A GLASS HOUSE

Gentle Giant

Karbo
3 stars I bought this album after I read a couple of very positive reviews and I must say I was a little disappointed. At the time, I had just purchased the three first Gentle Giant album and I guess I was expecting too much of this one, seeing it standing so high in the top of the most popular prog album .

It is a very good album indeed, but I don't think it is as memorable as Octopus. I have been listening to it for some time now and I can't get to remember any of the songs it features. I never feel an urge to listen to it, and that's, I think, an important part of a masterpiece.

There is some serious musicianship in it, and I have to acknowledge the evident quality of the album, but I can't honestly say that I think it is a masterpiece. My favourite piece of music on it are the title track, followed closely by The Runaway.

Still, it is a great addition to any growing collection of progressive music. A 3.5 stars really.

Karbo | 3/5 |