Black Sabbath - Headless Cross CD (album) cover

Black Sabbath

1 stars No, No, No, No ......

From the heights the mighty have fallen to the depths of despond. If your a Sabbath fan and bought this out of loyalty (like me) you know you got ripped off. Banal mediocrity: the band (whoever they happened to be that week) had lost the battle against the waistband spread and produced this vacuous collection of poor album fillers. This is what I would expect from one of the dime a dozen AOR/Pseudo-Heavy/frizzed hair bands of the 80s.

Years ago I remember liking Nightwing a bit for about a week. Maybe I was just sub-consciously trying to justify spending money on the album.

it's not prog. it's not even Sabbath (as we know it)

obiter | 1/5 |