The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future CD (album) cover

UNFOLD THE FUTURE

The Flower Kings

Hibou
2 stars As I've said in some previous reviews, I like some of the FLOWER KINGS's material but am not automatically in awe of everything they do. As much as I have praised "Space Revolver", I am quite disappointed with "Unfold the Future".

This double CD will likely please those of you who enjoy fine musicianship with plenty of guitar noodling. If you like your prog well structured, however, and don't particularly appreciate improv, you may find listening to "Unfold the Future" frustrating. Granted, there are some fine moments on these two disks, but I feel the band could have combined it into one. Great intros and spectacular finales on a 20-minute track are fine with me, it's the 18-minute of jamming squeezed in between that doesn't agree with me. But I repeat: some of you will like this stuff. And not only do I respect your opinion but I'm happy for you if you can get off on it (I honestly wish I could). As they say, to each his own...

Hibou | 2/5 |