The Gourishankar - 2nd Hands CD (album) cover

The Gourishankar

4 stars My my, where to start?

So many roads in that album. If this album could be a city, it could be Paris: thousands of winding streets spreading around, making a horrible maze for the newbie that can easily be lost. This album is also a huge melting pot of soooo many genres, from light metal to fusion jazzy interludes by electronica...my mind spins 5000 rpm to digest all that.

Dizzying. No less. With such a whirlind of sonical textures, ultra specialized bands like Andromeda have a new challenger. But The Gourishankar already wins in my humble opinion: they may be fast, they may have created an album fully loaded to the extreme (I mean it) but at least, they do it with panache and originality. This is where you get the core: The Gourishankar is a prolific band that doesn't lose one occasion to show you that they mean buisness. Again, a hard album to describe but here's the equation: (jazzy+ heavy) x hyperactivity + video game RPG = one mean headache.

My vote on best rookie of 2007.

Monstrous meal for brontausaurus progressive hunger.

Menswear | 4/5 |