Iron Maiden - Killers CD (album) cover

Iron Maiden

3 stars Maiden's second album shows a matured band with good songs (I only dislike Another Life and Drifter) and tight playing. When I re-listened to it a few hours ago I was surprised how strong the material and the playing was at that relatively early state. They seemed to have found their direction back then- The Number of the Beast was a natural follow-up. I always take Killers, Prodigal Son and Purgatory as a kind of suite (Allegro - Adagio - Presto) because here we have all the features Maiden could capitalize on in a row. Since this album is better than the debut and yet there were better things to come it's 3 stars.
strayfromatlantis | 3/5 |