Mike Oldfield - The Millenium Bell  CD (album) cover

THE MILLENIUM BELL

Mike Oldfield

ZowieZiggy
1 stars This "Mellenium Bell" is the poorest of the list so far.

Mostly ethnic or "world" music oriented, I can't think of one single part of it which are of some interest to any fan of this great original theme. Because, it has basically nothing to do with it. The worse being achieved during "Santa Maria". Gosh!!!

While listening to "Sunlight Shining.", I have more the impression of being in the middle of the African savannah than to hear a Mike Oldfield track (same applies to "Liberation" and "Amber Light").

At best, there are some pleasant symphonic (meaning with orchestrations) parts : "Lake Constance" and "Broad Sunlit Uplands " for instance. But it is rather strange that I consider these ones as being the most bearable since I have never been into this type of combination.

The electro beats during "Mastermind" are also pretty difficult to swallow. Repetitive to the bones. Press next. The closing "The Millenium Bell" is probably the part that I dislike most. Dance music my friends. Could you believe? Don't even start to listen to this part and eject your CD before it starts. Disgusting.

I don't like this declination of "Tubular" AT ALL. IMHHO, it is totally useless. One star.

ZowieZiggy | 1/5 |