Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son CD (album) cover

Iron Maiden

4 stars Yes, a good album. Although it wasn't greeted euphorically in the old days - neither by me and my friends nor the press. That's propably because you can find the hints of decline in this offering - and worse things were still to come: No Prayer... and Fear of the Dark. What my mates and I couldn't put up with were the metal pop songs like THE EVIL THAT MEN DO; ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG and - most abominable - CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS. The latter piece of ... I still don't like, but I made my peace with the others. Favourites are MOONCHILD; INFINITE DREAMS and THE CLAIRVOYANT. The title track is a 10 minute extravaganza with a long instrumental part. Well done, lads - and yet not really necessary. To sum it up: The last good Maiden album from their heroic age, not flawless, though. But good enough for a 4 stars rating.
strayfromatlantis | 4/5 |