The Tangent - Not As Good As The Book CD (album) cover

The Tangent

5 stars From my humble opinion, this albums peaks the greatness like the big seventeens masterpieces!!!

Even the wonderful novel about included in the special edition album, which tells the story of a guy that destroys the world with a copy of the Relayer album!!!! Oooohhh my god, this story is so funny and crazy!!! And all the story has references to great 70s prog compositions!!! Definitely, a beautiful lost album among the really poor music we are hearing today (ie 01011001, Bedlam...)

Beautiful melodies, heavy passages, strong instrumentation, as I said, a very interesting and entertaining lyric content, and, over all, a great composition... Sometimes you can't believe that these melodies can exist!!!

Most of you know the greatness of the musical ability of all these guys, I don't think it's necessary to cover that point (Tillison, Manning, Reingold, Salazar!! come on please!!), but what makes this album different from the previous releases is the inspiration printed in... The musical performance of all the Tangent releases is great, but this record adds the lacking inspiration in the previous ones. You won't fond here bombastic rhythms or pretentious themes, there's just art, no more....

Definitely a 5 stars release (even more for me) just need a couple of listens to love it, and remember, don't miss the novel!!! Have fun!!!

AlexUC | 5/5 |