Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

3 stars The first album of the 'Flo & Eddie' era, largerly based on humor than on music. This album is very good, but in no way one of the best Zappa albums, in fact. I love Sharleena, Transylvania Boogie and the title track (and the instrumental The Clap, played by Zappa on drums - he was formerly a drummer just before beginning guitar). Tell Me You Love Me is almost a hard-rocker.

Non-essential but funny and interesting release. Maybe not the most recommended album when you're a Zappa-beginner, but for completists and hardcore fans, it's a highly recommended disc. I like it very much, even if I found the cover art photograph really awful.

Zardoz | 3/5 |