Van Der Graaf Generator - Trisector CD (album) cover

Van Der Graaf Generator

3 stars The first time I heard this album I was very sad: All songs seem to be past albums fillers mainly because of their low creativity level, but after several listenings (one week by now) I started changing my mood towards this album. Trisector songs are deeper than Present, but Jackson's absence is noticeable and makes the album lack those typical VdGG progressions which I love(and miss) so much!!!

The savior song Over the hill doesn't make a huge difference, and I'm rather dissapointed beacuse I was hoping for a great song after I read some reviews. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like these. I have to say thay VdGG is my all-time favourite band, and Pawn Hearts my all-time favourite album, but I prefer Present (just Every Bloody Emperor, Boleas Panic & Nutter Alert) mainly because of Jackson's brass.

Present has great instrumentation but lacks deepness and darkness, Trisector has deepness but lacks instrumentation.

keith_emerson | 3/5 |