Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

4.23 | 2063 ratings

The Pessimist
3 stars As some think, I agree that this album is very much overated. The only interesting songs for me are Anesthetize and Sentimental, but the rest is typical PT, in very similar style to In Absentia and personally I prefer the latter. The two I mentioned, however, are masterpieces, so they save the album from a two star rating, but the rest drags it down. The best thing I can say about this album is that it is, by a stone's throw, Gavin Harrison's best performance throughout the whole time he's been with this potentially brilliant band. So, being this NOT by my standards an excellent addition to any prog music collection, 33% of it being masterpiece work, 66% of it dull and unoriginal, I'm going to give this an average rating for an average album. 3stars is the best I can dish out for the latest release from PT.
The Pessimist | 3/5 |