Fairport Convention - What We Did On Our Holidays CD (album) cover

Fairport Convention

The Lost Chord
5 stars 10/10 Masterpiece

Fiaport Convention's second album is my favorite album of theirs and rightly so. This album is their most instensely nostalgic and emotional, with auras and moods so incredible on first listen I fell in love. I would say Mr. Lacey is the only track I do not love, a little too simple and jiggy for the mood of the rest of the album. Otherwise, though, this is so far beyond perfection it is incredible. Sandy Denny has the most beautiful voice, and I believe Richard Thompson is the method behind such brilliance as Book Song and Tale in a Hard Time...but I'm not sure! I could go on and on forever about each brilliant track, but I will just leave it simple. This is just downright amazing music, perfect for countryside loving peaceful folks...this encompasses that feeling and is the kind of album you throw on on your way out to the country. Incredible! End of a Holiday might I add is one of the most emotional closers in the history of music that I have ever heard, completely incredible...just listen!

The Lost Chord | 5/5 |