Shakary - Alya CD (album) cover

ALYA

Shakary

Andis
4 stars Neoprogressive album with Marillion carboned-copy music with heavy accented vocals is absolutely nothing for me.....so I thought.

I was never gonna trust the delar who recommended this album to me again after first the first listen. Since I payed money for it I tried the album a second time, this time things opened up a bit more and I started to like some of the songs. By the third time I was hooked.

This album turned out to be one of my favourite albums, yes the vocals are heavy accented but the singer is also very good. I always prefer when bands sing in their native language, if so, this would have been fantastic.

The songs are very strong and its rare to hear a double albums that holds your interest for two whole CDs. Recommended for the average proglistener. Highly recommended for neoprog fans.

Andis | 4/5 |