Rush - Fly By Night CD (album) cover

FLY BY NIGHT

Rush

UMUR
2 stars The second album from Rush sees a significant change in the lineup as drummer Neil Peart is included. The drummer who played on the first album was pretty good though, so the difference isnīt that notable. We all know the importance that Neil would later have on Rush sound and lyrics but here it is limited what the change of drummer meant.

The music has become a bit more varied compared to the total rock influenced debut album. There are even a ballad in Rivendell. Most of the songs are pretty enjoyable, but really only for the diehard fans of the band. I would call myself a semi-fan and Fly By Night isnīt my favorite album from Rush or in progressive music.

Both Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart do a great job if weīre speaking of handling their instruments. They are such a powerful trio.

The production is good and everything stands out in the soundscape.

This is an ok album in many respects but it doesīt mean anything to me personally, so Iīll go with a 2 star rating here, as I feel this is mostly for the diehard fans of Rush.

UMUR | 2/5 |