Pulsar - The Strands Of The Future  CD (album) cover

THE STRANDS OF THE FUTURE

Pulsar

ghost_of_morphy
4 stars I like space rock. I really do. The problem is that I can't find any of the major space rock bands that stick to my idea of what space rock is for an ENTIRE album. Early Floyd, Hawkwind, Nektar... I've sampled them all. And I like them all. But nothing sticks to what I expect out of space rock throughout.

Enter Pulsar.

My introduction to Pulsar was Pollen, which is ok, but nothing special. Still, I must have been intrigued enough to continue with them. I've just picked up The Strands of the Future, and I have to say that this is what I wanted out of space rock. Beautifully pacing instrumentals, music that sinks into your spine and relaxes and challenges you at the same time, vocals that add instead of detracting from the experience..., all of it is here. If you like your space rock mellower with a dash of symphonic thrown in, this is the album for you.

I'll give this four stars. It's got a great sound to it, but I don't expect to be obsessed with it like I would be with a true masterpiece.

ghost_of_morphy | 4/5 |