The Beatles - Let It Be CD (album) cover

LET IT BE

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Sinusoid
1 stars There isn't a whole lot I have to say other than I wasn't particularly impressed with what LET IT BE is about. I can't describe the thing as more than mediocre pop tunes that flow in one ear and out the other without much impact. Let me say that I've never been a huge Beatle fan (never lived through the Beatlemania era), so maybe it's just that I'm not feeling a mood or aura the four guys were trying to convey.

Try as I might, I don't understand this. There are many rock tunes, soft ballads and heartfelt moments here for those who are interested. I could only find ''Dig a Pony'' to be interesting for some odd reason. Even the more well known tunes such as the title track were tunes I couldn't penetrate.

I'd say that this would be of importance only for the most diehard of fans. As their last studio album, it's a nice piece of history to own, but don't expect ABBEY ROAD calibre material here.

Sinusoid | 1/5 |