The Tangent - A Place In The Queue CD (album) cover

The Tangent

3 stars 3.5 stars actually...This is my first experience by THE TANGENT and I've heard that Roine Stolt was a member of the band,something that is rather obvious,as the music of the band goes in the FLOWER KINGS/SPOCK'S BEARD VEIN...that means that here we have a type of radio friendly/accesible symphonic/eclectic prog without lacking in complexity or composition...but we also have a main difference with the above mentioned bands...Very often in this album the flute and the sax in a lesser extend dominates the music,that is what I find really unique and different...The singer also has a great clean voice and fits very well with the band's music,a cross between Roine Stolt and Arne Schaffer of VERSUS X...All the tracks of the album are quite good except track 6 which is too poppy and maybe the last epic which I think should be shorter...I'm looking forward hearing their other releases!...
apps79 | 3/5 |