Indukti - S.U.S.A.R. CD (album) cover

S.U.S.A.R.

Indukti

Experimental/Post Metal

UMUR
4 stars S.U.S.A.R is Polish band Induktiīs debut album. They most certainly donīt sound like newbies to me though. This album is quite impressive.

The music is mostly instrumental prog rock with slight metal tendencies. Donīt let that scare you away though as the power chord metal riffs are far between. In this respect they remind me of another Polish band Riverside who also plays prog rock with occassional metal riffing. Riversideīs frontman Mariusz Duda guests on S.U.S.A.R which doesnīt help me not to compare the two bands. The songs where Mariusz Duda guests Cold Inside...I and Shade could have been Riverside songs, while the mostly longer instrumental songs have moments that sound like Riverside but itīs here that Indukti shows their own identity.

Induktiīs lineup includes a violinist in Ewa Jablonska who has a big part in Induktiīs sound. The music has a dark mood throughout so donīt expect any happy sounding songs. Thereīs a bit of conceptual continuity on S.U.S.A.R as ...And Weak II starts out like the Mariusz Duda led Cold Inside...I but it doesnīt have vocals and soon evolves into something bigger and more symphonic.

The interplay between the musicians is outstanding. These are all very accomplished musicians and itīs a great pleasure to lay ears to.

The production is really good too. A very good modern prog rock sound.

Normally I wouldīt be too thrilled about bands that chose to make an almost instrumental album and I must say that Iīm glad Mariusz Duda was brought in to make the album more diverse. This would have been a 3 star album for me if there hadnīt been a couple of vocal tracks, but itīs not to say that the vocal tracks are better than the instrumental ones. The instrumental songs are very good too. Iīll rate S.U.S.A.R 4 stars as it is excellent prog rock.

UMUR | 4/5 |