Frank Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

4 stars This is one of my favorite Zappa albums. To me it's clearly one of the most consistent albums. Dunno if it's because it only runs for 35 concentrated minutes, but this album is really good from start to finish. This album had a more commercial approach with it's shorter songs, more normal song structures and the wet production which makes it more accessible.

This album contains some true Zappa classics like Montana, Zomby Woof and I'm The Slime, but in fact to me this album contains only classics. The most experimental song on this album musically is Fifty-Fifty which also contains an insane vocal performance by Ricky Lancelotti. To me the album opener Camarillo Brillo and the album closer Montana are the best songs, but the songs in between are all top notch as well.

Devnoy | 4/5 |