Frank Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

5 stars Over-Nite Sensation...I love this me it is one of the best of Frank Zappa discography. The excellent musicians give an impeccable achievement to this record, in particular I appreciate the keyboards by George Duke, the violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty... and of course the guitar of the Band-Leader. When I listened to this album for the first time, I felt a little disappointed for the opening track Camarillo Brillo, at the time I owned others 4 or 5 Zappa records, and I expected more than that... But listening the remainder, I have changed opinion... oh yes, I did ! In fact Camarillo Brillo is the only weak tune in this album, even though I don't dispite it, now. All the others tracks are great, sometimes funky-rock, sometimes jazz-fusion... My favourite is Zomby Woof, I'm in love with this song. I find it pretty catchy, but complex at the same time, simply ingenious.
Civa | 5/5 |