Dream Theater - Greatest Hit (...and 21 other pretty cool songs) CD (album) cover

GREATEST HIT (...AND 21 OTHER PRETTY COOL SONGS)

Dream Theater

Xeroth
2 stars Honestly, this was alright... nothing spectacular, nothing notable. If your looking for a good introduction to DT, I would sincerely suggest just buying one of their regular albums. First problem I had with the album was that all the edited or special editions of the songs weren't that great. I was looking forward to Misunderstood; however, the song fell through as they didn't just cut out the ending but also a couple of really powerful bridges and shortened a great intro. Very sad to me. Solitary Shell, should've never been shortened at all for any reason. The instrumental solo at the end is brilliant and shouldn't be overlooked.

If someone is looking for a mix of Dream Theater, this just may get them what they need... but there's better options and songs to look at. All together I would give it a 2.5 five, I round up for everything so I'll bump the CD up to 3 star. Good songs, good mix, good introduction, horrible edits, and the 2007 remixes weren't anything spectacular to look into. An alright intro to the progressive legends, only scratching the surface of their truly amazing songs. Oh well... gotta start somewhere I guess.

3/5 stars for good luck and encouragement.

Xeroth | 2/5 |