Magma - Live/Hhaï (Köhntark) CD (album) cover

5 stars There is nothing I can compare this to. You'll either love it or you'll hate it. You'll probably hate it the first time you listen to it; it won't quite fit into your music vocabulary. Well, its Zeuhl. If music ever made a spiral, this is it. I am not sure what it is these guys are tapped into, but it's something special. The sounds are fluid and warm, as for example, CAMEL, but they sound nothing like this - they are not symphonic at all. This music is structured in a completely different way, again, I'll call it a spiral. For those new to Zeuhl, this IS the seminal album, but don't expect to appreciate it right away. RIO fans though, I'm sure you're already in.
kabright | 5/5 |